Search Cars for Girls

23/07/2010

How to change a flat tyre

I'm all for girls getting involved with basic car maintenance. Last week I checked the oil in Stuart's BMW1 Series, put air in the tyres, topped up the screenwash, filled up with diesel and cleaned the car inside and out!

It got me thinking, should I know how to change a tyre incase the necessity ever arises? I have AA membership so have always thought that meant I didn't need to know how to do this. It's not a problem in Stuart's BMW1 Series because it has run-flat tyres. In my Matiz though it might be sensible to know how to use the tyre change kit I have in the boot. (My tyre change kit is insanely girly and even has a mat to kneel on and a pair of gloves so hands don't get dirty!)

Anyway, found this video on youtube and thought it might be useful to anyone else wanting to know how to change a tyre. The comments are all a bit filthy though! Why can't a girl change a tyre without guys making stupid comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment