Search Cars for Girls

25/03/2010

Saving the world - one new car at a time!

So, the government's recent scrappage scheme was supposed to get the old bangers off the road and replace them with new, more fuel efficient, less polluting 'green' cars which has put a thought in my head...

In my quest for a new car, I've been mainly drawn to the swish looking convertibles but it turns out that some of these are not particularly good for the environment. With all the hype about global warming and the environment, I've been having a look at a few Ford cars which offer a fuel efficient and more environmentally friendly option than my car. The Ford Ka looks like quite a nippy little car and has great fuel efficiency and low road tax so could be a good option although may be a tiny bit too small for me.

Also like the Ford Fiesta Econetic which is one of the UK's most fuel efficient family cars, C02 emmissions are just 98g/km.

The new Ford Focus Econetic offers another attractive option and would perhaps be more comfortable for my husband to drive too. A little big bigger than any other car I've previously owned but maybe now I'm growing up (apparently!) a bigger car could be the way to go.

Been reading an article all about green cars and how the government are investing millions into new greener car technologies so seems like this is an area that is only going to grow and develop.

The quest continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment