Search Cars for Girls

19/05/2010

Volcanic Ash = more UK holidays by car

Apparently, due to the volcanic ash, more and more people are packing up their cars and opting for a drive holiday rather than a fly holiday.

I can actually see the sense in this - why worry about your holiday when you should be looking forward to it? However, I can't see all my luggage for a holiday fitting in my tiny Matiz! A pretty ingenius solution, as pointed out in this volcanic ash article, is to have roof rails fitted to the car.

I would not have even thought about this but am now considering it for my next car. The new Chevrolet Spark that I wanted a while back, is available with roof rails on the LT model. Alternatively, you can buy roof rails from an online parts store like Birchwood Ford Parts.

Don't know about a holiday in the UK though - think I would still have to go abroad but could maybe look at driving to France or Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment